Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Process Writing

This class was amazing. Do I need to say anything more? Seriously though, I feel like I have grown so much throughout the last ten weeks, and in so many ways. This class coincided so wonderfully with my other two classes. I don’t know when this will happen to me again, but I hope that it does. I could find so often themes that intertwined between all three of the subjects I was studying; Food & Travel, Social Psychology, and Anthropology & Sociology. 

I struggled somewhat through my Journalism I class. I felt that I was not at all cut out for my previous views on Journalism. Though I still may never be able to be Carrie Bradshaw, I had so much fun writing this quarter. I feel now that I have a voice on the page and I can and should do this. I am actually proud of the work that I have done, which has been a difficult thing for me thus far. I have always felt that writing was so forced, but now I have a different perspective. FUN! 

Though it was difficult for me to keep up with the blog posts and comments, I am glad that we used blogs in this class. Not only are blogs the way of the future, but they were also very interactive and fun. It was nice to be able to include pictures with our works and also to be able to link articles to go into more depth over topics we wished to cover. Blogs are also so much more personal. Call me silly, but it was much like Facebook. You can post pictures, keep up with friends, and speak your mind. This is important and the new age of Journalism!

This class helped me in deciding what the future holds for me, and I hope it did the same for the rest of you. As Marin has said, I feel so much that I have grown and learned so much with the rest of you. You are all such beautiful people and I have enjoyed the discussions and lessons I have shared with each of you. Please continue to keep me updated with your lives, send me links to the next blogs you create! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment